Senior Business Analyst
Job Title - Senior Business Analyst
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - £343.43 - £384.89 per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Network Rail are looking for Senior Business Analyst to join their fast-growing team based in Milton Keynes. This role acts as the interface between the business and GBS during the GBS Delivery lifecycle and the successful candidate is likely to work on multiple complex workstreams of large projects or across multiple projects. The role operates in a specific business domain. The purpose of this role is to identify the detailed business requirements which will inform the appropriate solution and rigour of testing to meet the business need and assure the delivery of those requirements from GBS projects.
What you will do:
- Engage Senior Leaders within GBS and the business and relevant subject matter experts to develop a clear articulation and understanding of the detailed business requirements behind an identified business problem or opportunity.
- Develop an unambiguous, complete and consistent requirements specification that conforms to GBS standards. Understands the extent to which individual requirements are likely to impact the business case
- Provide industry best practice knowledge to support GBS and the business in the application of the assessment and scoring of all business requirements in order to identify sound Risk-based Testing procedures, which support mitigation of test related risks at later stages within the project lifecycle.
- Engage Senior Leaders and subject matter experts to gain agreement to the requirement specifications. Highlight potential cross domain impacts
- Develop and share an understanding of how the requirements might impact current business and GBS operations.
- Elicit and specify detailed processes, information and business change requirements that will meet the business and non-functional needs and also inform the transition required to realise benefits
- Engage with GBS Senior Leaders and subject matter experts to inform decisions about solutions to facilitate alignment with business need, GBS technical architecture, support infrastructure, policies and standards.
- Contribute to the production of high-level project plans and identify, assess and escalate project risks and issues as appropriate
Your experience will include:
- Significant business analysis experience in a technology environment
- Thorough and up to date understanding of analysis approaches, tools and techniques commonly applied in the consulting field
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Strong analytical thinker
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Knowledge of the railway industry
- Business process and data modelling experience
- Risk-based testing experience
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web-based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.