Our client, based in Swindon, is recruiting for a senior buyer who will report to the Supply Chain Manager supporting the delivery and implementation of supply chain strategies that significantly improve supply performance. You will be responsible for raising purchase orders, negotiating contracts with suppliers, optimisation of inventories, stock availability to meet customer demand and cost down activities.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a buyer within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor would be a particular advantage.
- Ability to produce, organise and analyse data from the ERP system to be able to plan and purchase goods in a timely and cost effective manner to support the production plan, delivery of customer orders in full and inventory targets.
- Confidence and ability to create, negotiate, and review basic supply agreements, including benchmarking the imported global supply chain from to ensure they remain competitive.
- Understand the supply chain’s influence on working capital investment and to review and keep control of inventory data parameters, hence keeping stock and the company’s cash flow under control.
- Ability to report and manage a supplier’s performance against KPIs whilst still maintaining good supplier relationships
- Confidence and ability to manage stress in the event of supply chain exceptions
- Have a CIPS qualification or be working towards.