Home Manager Learning Disabilities Maternity Cover
Domus are currently recruiting for a Home/Registered Manager in Basingstoke on behalf of a friendly, community-based organisation that provide care to adults with profound learning difficulties, usually associated with autism.
During your 6-month FTC as the Home/Registered Manager of one of their Basingstoke homes you'll oversee all aspects of the home, to ensure the delivery of excellence in Care. You will have responsibility of Service Users and circa 20+ staff for the whole home, this includes providing strong leadership of the management team, ensuring that the needs of the people we support are met, managing the staff team, monitoring and improving the quality of care and support.
You will be supported in your role by a team of specialists who will provide guidance on managing people, budgets and positive approaches, enabling you to become an ambassador for our service and our ambitions, a role model that inspires a committed, motivated team, and enables excellent relationships through positive and open communication with everyone we work with and for.
Ideally you will have a relevant Degree (Social Work, Nursing), NVQ Level IV &/or LMA or RMA /or Level 5 QCF Level 5 in Health Social Care, or equivalent and will already have led service delivery and a team in a similar environment. You will also have an excellent working knowledge of current legislation and regulations, great operational management skills and an understanding of the importance of having excellent time management and organisational skills.
Please note: this role requires you to work outside of normal office hours, including early and late shifts, regular weekend work, on-calls and occasional night time work.
Home Manager - Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and supervision of staff to enable them to maximise their potential, through leadership, coaching, example, support and guidance.
- Responsible for budget management.
- Adhering to all CQC regulations and raising standards of care where necessary.
- Be responsible for the negotiation of contracts and fees with Local Authorities and PCT`s for new and existing services.
- You will be required to maintain the high care standards that have been set in the home, and be an excellent manager of staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of managing Learning Disability services
- NVQ 4 or above
- Knowledge of the needs and rights of adults with Learning Disabilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of CQC, Health and Safety and Local Authority requirements.
- Communicate effectively to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing including staff development.
If you are interested in the above Registered Manager vacancy, please call Michael on quoting reference MW-MCHMB-7553 or email your CV to
Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
Key words: Registered Manager, Home Manager, Learning Disabilities, Residential Manager, CQC, Basingstoke, Hampshire