We are looking to recruit 5 x Procurement Engineers to work for a large aerospace company based near Blackburn within the Air business. The role is working in the Procurement Shared Service - Air Capability & Equipment Organisation supplier management teams dealing with issues & backlogs following implementation of a new supply chain system.
Key Responsibilities will be: -
- Achieve cash in and cash out targets.
- Improve Supplier performance
- Secure supplier bids to ensure new business are aligned with the customer
- Place and Manage Purchase Orders onto Suppliers
- Preparation and release of significant RFPs together with detailed assessment of incoming proposals
- Building relationships with other internal disciplines and the Supply Base to enhance operational performance
- Support project requirements to ensure needs and targets are met
- To provide for and attend Internal & External meetings
- Manage Supplier Performance KPIs to ensure on time delivery to a high standard of Quality.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels and form relationships with internal / external customers. The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office packages and have good communication skills.
Morson is acting as a employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs