Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer (Rail / Diesel Engines)
Salary: £35000 per annum
Location: Based from home with a company van
Hours: Mon-Fri, Full Time, Permanent
Ideally looking for candidates living in Swindon and the surrounding area
Service Activity: Service, Warranty and Repair covering all engines and control systems which would be a mixture of (Marine / Rail / Genset).
• Carry out Service Work on Diesel Engines, Gas Engines and Generators
• Use diagnostic tools and procedures and identify faults
• Carry out Commissioning of Diesel Engines, Gensets and control systems to ensure that all products are ready for the customer.
• Comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation applicable to the role.
• Occasionally carry out basic Sea trials on marine engines (Yachts and Commercial)
• The applicant must have proven experience working with Diesel Engines. Capable of using both traditional and PC based diagnostics.
• The applicant must have both mechanical and electrical experience.
• Working knowledge / experience of PC based Engine Diagnostics / Programming would be an advantage
*Required to travel within the UK and is additionally required to spend up to 3 weeks annually in Germany undergoing product training.
To be considered for this role you must have the following
• Field experience
• Completed an industry recognised apprenticeship / course (BTEC, C&G, etc) in an engineering related subject (Mechanical / Electrical or Electrical