Top Banana is an award-winning event production agency who specialise in leadership driven events. They work with highly prestigious global brands to help them bring their strategy to life and help their leaders communicate business critical messages.
Position: Middleweight Designer
Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
About the role:
We’re looking for an authentic, passionate and responsible Middleweight Designer to join our experienced and talented team. You will be working on a mix of projects from day one. From designing entire events, to seamless visual experiences, to storytelling ideas, to beautifully designed print, to website design and because no two days are the same, you will be managing multiple projects at the same time.
We’re hiring someone who can think creatively to develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts. You will be proactive, passionate about delivering thoughtful and well-crafted creative ideas.
This is a unique opportunity to become a truly integral member of a well renowned, highly sought-after creative agency, so, if you have an eye for the detail and are passionate about creating engaging experiences, get in touch with your creatively fuelled portfolio.
- Interpreting a Design Brief and brand guidelines.
- Design of Printed Material.
- Design of Graphics for Screen using PowerPoint or similar products.
- Design for Events including all collateral.
- Artworking, Brand Design, Digital Design, Design Department Processes.
- Working with Account Managers to brief and timescales.
- Supplier Liaison - obtaining quotes, understanding requirements, specifications.
- Be a Banana - uphold and live our values and be engaged in all communication.
- Actively participate in Creative Meetings researching what is new in the industry.
- Generate ideas for other Designers / Freelancers.
- Create design concepts based on brief and communicate effectively to other designers and freelancers.
- Attend relevant client meetings and be a creative voice - the ability to present creative work and talk through the rationale.
- Be comfortable in a meeting environment and be able to take criticism and be constructive.
- Able to use relevant software & design packages. Adobe Creative Suite is essential while any experience of web based CMS tools would be an advantage.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Confident in presenting design concepts and work.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent listener with the ability to gain a full understanding of what is being required from the communication.
- Analyses problems by evaluating available information and resources and develops effective solutions to problems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions and is confident making them.
- Excellent time management – ability to prioritise and organise tasks.
Please note due to our rural location your own transport will be required.
You may have experience of the following: Graphic Designer, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Designer, Artworker, Visual Communication, Middleweight Designer, Art Worker, Acrobat, Creative Suite, Digital Designer, Web Designer, etc.