IT Helpdesk Technician
IT Helpdesk Technician - Woking, Surrey
We are currently recruiting for a IT Helpdesk Technician for a client in Woking, - the role requires an experienced IT support engineer with well-rounded IT knowledge and ideally experience of working within a MSP.
- This role requires you to have your own transport as you will need to attend some client offices.
- The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Ideally has previously worked for a computer dealer/reseller ?
- A sound, basic understanding of IT and IT terminology, including all windows server and ?workstation products ?
- Possess a willingness to learn and co-operate as part of a team ?
- Have confidence working in a busy often hectic environment ?
- Excellent telephone manner is required along with friendly customer service skills ?
- Attention to detail ?
- A logical approach to problem solving coupled with common sense ?
- Good communication, literacy and organisational skills ?
- Punctuality, staff must be ready to work by their start time and willing to be flexible with their ?working arrangements ?
Responsibilities will include:
- Answering telephone, analysing and dealing with incidents ?
- Logging all incidents via an automated ticketing system ?
- To support the IT Systems Manager with day to day IT issues and to be responsible for ?providing technical support for Company users ?
- Response to user problems/requests, carry out repairs/fixes and escalate where necessary ?
- To upgrade or replace equipment where necessary ?
- Provide IT inductions and training on logging into systems for both new and existing staff in ?the company where applicable ?
- To diagnose, resolve and assist in the maintenance, installation and repair of the company’s ?IT facilities to ensure continuity of service ?
- To be able to set up and configure new laptops, desktops, mobile phones and other IT ?equipment and install authorised software and to disable expired accounts in accordance with ?HR requirements for new and existing users ?
- To manage company printers with the external Print Management Company ?
- Troubleshoot any Network Connectivity issues ?
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the company ?
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this full time role is £23,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience plus benefits.