Part Time Retail Assistants
TJ Hughes - Part Time Retail Assistants - Durham
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ’s (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 27 stores across the UK: from Eastbourne in the South to Dundee in the North.
We are currently opening a new store based in Durham and are recruiting for Retail Assistants to join our new store team.
Roles available are 4, 8, 12 & 16 hours per week.
Rate of pay meets national minimum wage / living wage.
To generate, create and deliver an excellent customer service experience which in turn achieves store sales in line with budgets. Working at a fast pace to deliver an efficient and proactive delivery of customer service whilst allocating appropriate time to the completion of other secondary manual task.
- Service - Delivers an excellent standard of customer service through active approach and conversation with our customers demonstrating the ability to provide in depth customer service.
- Sales - Keeps up to date with latest products and offers on a daily basis and to display appropriate levels of stock in a prominent position and priced correctly.
- Standards - High merchandising and pricing standards.
- Stock - Proactively maintains an excellent level of display by regularly checking stockrooms for replenishment of own product area at suitable times throughout the day.
- Systems - Reports any customer requests / comments about section’s product range to Manager and assists in the drive for improvement.
- Systems - Reports any stock / availability issues to GIC & Manager on own product area in order to resolve stock outs and develop sales.
- Systems - Proactive with personal HASAWA responsibilities towards self, customers & staff.
- Systems- Keeps up to date with key communications including daily sales targets.
- Supports Loss Prevention by staying vigilant at all times for both customer and staff theft.
- Supports new starters in their induction.
- Will actively suggest improvements for own product area.
- Has a regular focus on delivering an excellent standard of general housekeeping.
- Any other duties as required in accordance with the needs of the business / store operations.
Experience of working within a fast pace retail environment, useful but not essential
Confident and personable approach to teamwork with both customers and staff
Good IT Skills
Able to work quickly whilst maintaining accuracy & consistency
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do’ individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting. If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address.