Job title: Deals Manager (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Location: Cheltenham or Swindon
The role of the Deals Manager is to support the development, delivery and operationalisation of new Retail business opportunities. This includes ZPC, N&G, Direct, Intermediary and Partnerships, and SME. You will handle the tender process working to tight timescales and delivering a proposition back to the broker which highlights Zurich’s capabilities. You will drive the implementation of tenders won, ensuring relevant partners are aligned and delivering an outstanding experience to our brokers further cementing our reputation as experts in the industry.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
• Coordinate, evaluate and respond to Retail opportunities and tenders.
• Lead the tender process, working across functional areas to deliver a workable solution. Maintain regular communication and drive actions across partners, identifying and overcoming any challenges en-route.
• Handle the implementation of successful deals.
• Drive the trading meetings, ensuring all proposals are prepared in a timely fashion and all angles covered.
• Follow frameworks to ensure all responses delivered to the market have been signed off by the relevant partners.
• Ensure propositional benefits are highlighted and handle effective communication to key partners.
• Understand and deliver the necessary new schemes governance and compliance requirements across Retail.
• Build, maintain, develop and evaluate business relationships with key customers, suppliers and internal partners to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the responsibilities of each party and products concerned.
• Provide ad hoc support to Segment Heads and key partners.
• Provide advice and support in the development of the portfolio business.
• Identify areas for Continuous Improvement – develop new ideas and implement the changes.
• Maintain internal control database – record of all broker deals, terms, commissions, authority levels etc.
• Working in a matrix environment across functions to ensure adequacy of business support and delivery.
• Ability to handle workloads within the team and supervise member(s).
Your skills and experience:
• Educated to Degree level or similar professional qualification.
• Relevant market experience.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
• Good understanding of the principles and practices of personal and commercial insurance, including FCA regulation.
• Computer literate with working knowledge of all major applications and capability to develop a strong understanding of in house, TPA and broker systems.
• Confident presenter and communicator.
• Understanding of the financial dynamics of insurance business and models (e.g. premium, expenses, return on capital etc.).
• Understanding of the broker market: their key drivers and risks as well as how their business operates.
• Confident use of numbers in decision-making.
• Commercial approach, able to spot and develop opportunities.
• Contract management experience.
• Knowledge of understanding insurance operations, including underwriting, pricing, claims and sales.
• Keeps up to date with changing market dynamics.
• Experience of leading business change.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
• 12% pension
• 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
• Annual company bonuses
• Contribution to medical cover
• Discounted technology offers
• Virtual GP appointments
• Discounted gym membership,
• Free flu jab
• Discounted gadget insurance
• Discounted will writing service
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.