Assistant Management Accountant
A guaranteed 6 month FTC with the potential for a permanent post to the successful assistant management accountant. This role is open to people who are QBE or PQ. Working as part of a solid structured and sociable team, you will become an integral part of the management accounts team.
My client, an award winning leading energy provider based in South Gloucestershire have experienced rapid growth year on year for the past 5 years. Offering modern offices and a 4pm finish on Fridays. Feedback from our placed staff thus far has been excellent and this is a sought after business within the area.
The successful assistant management accountant, reporting directly into the senior management accountant will be responsible but not limited to:
- This role will involve the typical month end for their wind parks. - processing MA, although it is quite automated. Can do quite a lot of self-review on the system. Main stoppers are delays in getting info from depts. So need to stay on top of collating the information.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for responsible companies including variance analysis and informative commentary
- Review MA with the senior management accountant who is a great manager, very supportive and great interpersonal skills.
- Take responsibility for the processing of sales invoices for a number of defined companies within the Group
- Support the production of annual budgets and period end forecasts for responsible companies, ensuring income and overheads are properly manager
- Provide any ad hoc reports and analysis as and when required
- Provide support to the management accounts team; completing tasks when requested, including team administrator
Once the P&L is finalised, they will then business partner with IT - 6 cost centres. Also partnering estates (building costs) which has been quite effective, lots of savings to target in that area. Some headway made into FBP with IT departments.
Projects involved when month end isn't as intense - e.g. looking at the reporting to their external funding providers.
The successful assistant management accountant, will ideally have the following key skills, attributes and beneficiaries:
- Track record of success in a similar role
- QBE or AAT level 4+
- Able to operate effectively under pressure and to consistently deliver to deadlines
- Strong analytic skills including the ability to interpret, concisely explain and act on key financial information
- Strong excel including pivots & VLOOKUPS.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload effectively
Desirable but not essential skills & expertise:
- SAP Experience
- Business partnering experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Effective time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive, innovative and intellectually courageous
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Team player, flexible and willing to support others
On offer for the successful assistant management accountant is:
- £30,000 - £35,000
- 6 month FTC with potential for permanent
- Great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a rapidly expanding business
- Modern offices with and a friendly supportive team heavy on collaboration