Senior Management Accountant
Our client is currently looking for an exceptional Management Accountant who has a strong background in leadership and monthly reporting to join one of the largest business units in the Group. This is an exciting time to join the business as we are looking for someone to challenge the status quo, and become the recognised expert across the business within finance.
Duties will include: -
- Fully responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts incorporating P&L, balance sheet and detailed commentary
- Responsible for the production of the monthly cost analysis, including budget/forecast position and explanation of any variances
- Improvement of controls and processes in order to streamline efficiencies and accuracy of overall business position
- Monitor the monthly cashflow position, developing accuracy around payments and schedules
- Develop the understanding of buying trends, revenue analysis and profit margins across the business, maximising commercial opportunities
- Be able to impact on the current reporting systems and support the improvement of better integrated processes across the Group
- Build a better forecasting structure in order to provide an accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly position, and continually look to re-forecast effectively within tight controls
- Contribute effectively across the business, leading from a financial position working alongside non-financial managers
- Manage a small reporting team, providing structure and the opportunity for individual development
The successful candidate will be fully responsible for improving the efficiencies/reporting of the financials within the largest part of the business, therefore we are looking for a confident individual who has extensive experience of producing the monthly reporting pack from ledger balances through to monthly completion. You will be able to interpret accounts in the wider commercial sense, and work alongside non-financial teams to be able to communicate these effectively in order to get results.
If you are interested in this exciting position or wish to have a confidential discussion, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment immediately. We actively recruit at all levels in Finance and Accountancy across the North West so get in touch to discuss your career options.