IT Support Technician
Scope Services Ltd is a new and exciting company developed recently as a result of an unprecedented growth of a group of companies owned by two innovative directors. Scope Services provides high quality shared services across a range of departments such as Finance, HR, Marketing and IT, working to maintain a smooth operation within each business function. The group of companies include PTS Training Academy (a specialist training provider with over 20 years’ experience in the training sector), AoFAQ (an awarding organisation) and a new end point assessment organisation (AoFAQ-IAA).
The companies are developing new and exciting relationships with a range of high-class businesses nationwide to offer innovative training and assessment services. Due to the substantial growth experienced, a position has become available for an IT Technician to join the team, to ensure a smooth service that delivers the most cost effective and efficient solutions with minimal disruption to IT system users.
The successful candidate will form an essential part of the office team, working alongside the Chief Information and Technology Officer to implement an effective IT strategy across the group. The IT Technician will be travelling to a variety of office locations across the UK, which may involve working away from home for which all costs will be met.
This is a busy and varied role which requires the post holder to communicate effectively with staff to ensure an excellent customer support service. The post holder must be able to work to tight deadlines on his/her own initiative and to learn new systems and procedures rapidly.
- Setting up and maintaining computer, hardware and telephony equipment, including PC’s, Mac’s Servers, Tablets and Ipads.
- Sourcing computer and telephony hardware, software and licenses as required.
- Installing and updating computer software.
- Maintaining computer security.
- Providing a helpdesk service to support staff and student IT problems.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the technologies necessary for the development of the IT support service.
- Knowledge of Exchange Online/ Hybrid.
- Office 365 Administration
- Google Suite Administration
- SCCM or similar technologies
- Knowledge of Windows Storage Server.
- Experience providing helpdesk support.
- Sound working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and PC and Mac operating systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solution orientated and able to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- A relevant qualification in computing IT, ICT, networking or equivalent experience.
- GCSE Maths and English.
We operate nationally from our Head Office and Training complex in Northampton, and other sites across the UK, therefore ability to travel between sites will be required.
The Post Holder will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS screening prior to appointment due to having access to student data.
To apply please send a CV and Covering letter to hr @ptstrainingacademy.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is the Thursday 2nd May 2019 at midnight. While we endeavour to reply to all applicants this may not be possible. Therefore, if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you were unsuccessful for this role and we wish you luck in your future career search.
If a high number of applications are received, then the post may close early for shortlisting.