Analogue Electronics Engineer - Research
The research arm of one of the world's leading electronics R&D companies are looking for an Analogue Electronics Engineer / Researcher to join their team in Oxford. The Analogue Electronics Engineer / Researcher will lead the research developing ultra-small, TFT / transistor -level, analogue pixel circuits for use in the backplanes of highly advanced optical displays. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a world-class research group dedicated to developing the next generation of organic and quantum dot QLED / OLED displays.
For over 20 years this electronics research facility has developed cutting-edge electronics materials, components and devices that have been used the world over. Through dedicated R&D activities their world-famous displays group work to develop original technology for the next generation of LEDs (OLED's) and quantum dot LED's (QLED's, QD-LED's) display technologies.
The Analogue Electronics Engineer will:
- Lead the full development cycle for design of original TFT pixel Circuits , including conception, optimisation, simulation layout, experimental l testing and patenting.
- Propose and explore research director research directions for disruptive improvements in performance of OLED backplanes.
- Minimum 2.1 Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or related subject. A PhD would be of particular interest.
- 3+ years Transistor -level analogue / mixed-signal design and a flair for creating original circuit designs and a track record of original transistor designs
- Full lifecycle development experience of transistor-level circuit design, circuit layout, experimental testing and design for manufacture techniques
- Industry-standard design tools (ideally Cadence)
- Transistor -level pixel circuit design for displays or sensors
- Simulation and layout of transistor-level circuits (ideally TFT)
- Understanding of the physics of semiconductor devices
- Strong evidence of creative and innovative R&D
For more details please contact Adam Mayne on /
Role - Lead Analogue Electronics Engineer / Researcher
Location - Oxford OX4 4GD
Salary - negotiable but anticipated to be around £42k plus extensive benefits including relocation assistance if required.