Service Desk and Client Support Manager
Role: Service Desk and Client Support Manager
Organisation: Coventry University
Closing Date: 28/04/2019
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new IT capabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
Our approach to education is leading edge, and is proven with our multitude of awards and prominent position in the league tables; where we have once again retained the title of top modern university from The Guardian in its' University Guide 2019 (for the 7th year in a row!). We are an agile and dynamic establishment, where taking risks and seizing opportunities are well rewarded.
Our Service Desk and Client Support Manager will focus on 24x7 1st line customer contact developing our strategic vision driving excellent levels of customer service and ensuring high levels of 1st contact resolution for customer issues. Accountable for ensuring day to day operations run smoothly by understanding the demand on the team and being accountable for its effective delivery.
* You'll ensure all service levels from a systems approach are delivered ensuring business as usual operations.
* Engage with all departments to ensure end user response and resolution targets are achieved. Advancing user experience working to increase the number of resolutions at first point of call leveraging from automation, self-diagnosis, self-healing and self-help.
* Ensure availability of 24x7 first line support through effective resource management and leadership of shift Teams.
* Accountability as a Process Owner for Incident Management & Request Fulfilment.
* As a customer advocate ensure incidents are monitored throughout the incident lifecycle in alignment with SLAs and KPIs; escalating where necessary.
* Act as a Major Incident Manager for high priority service disruption.
* Work with Service Delivery Managers and peers to ensure any gaps in services are identified and resolved
* Manage the team leaders by providing development and guidance whilst ensuring a clear comprehension of strategy and deliverables.
* Run reporting data out of ServiceNow
* Analyses metrics and reports on performance of operational management processes, identifying trends and informing service owners to minimise probability of recurrence, and contribute to service improvement.
* Educated to degree level in ICT or related relevant discipline with a chartered professional qualification or equivalent experience.
* Level 3 service management framework qualification and knowledge of lifecycle or capability elements of ITIL.
* Practical knowledge with ServiceNow
* Background of developing and executing a Service Desk, Client Support and End User Support strategy
* Previous encounters within Major Incident Management
* Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the Service Desk, Incident Management and Request Fulfilment vision, and inspire, motivate and develop staff.
The University offers a wide range of benefits in addition to a competitive salary.
The pension scheme is excellent and the holiday allowances are generous.
Recognising the importance of well-being, we offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.
As an educational establishment we encourage and support continued learning and provide access to resources that set Coventry University apart from most employers.
In addition Coventry University Staff have access to a wide range of discounted products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions.