Service Asset and Configuration Manager
Role: Service Asset and Configuration Manager
Organisation: Coventry University
Closing Date: 28/04/2019
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new IT capabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
Our approach to education is leading edge, and is proven with our multitude of awards and prominent position in the league tables; where we have once again retained the title of top modern university from The Guardian in its' University Guide 2019 (for the 7th year in a row!). We are an agile and dynamic establishment, where taking risks and seizing opportunities are well rewarded.
As the Service Asset and Configuration Manager you'll ensure the smooth running of operations day to day by supporting your team leaders in maintaining high service standards, achieving high end user response plus increasing user experience. As custodian of all assets, documentation and Configuration Items registered within the asset and configuration management system you'll be required to ensure our services are properly controlled and accurate information about Configuration Item is accessible.
* Acts as the Configuration Management process owner.
* Owns and manages the population of the Configuration Management System (CMS), it's central libraries, tools and data integrity.
* Accountable for report generation including configuration status, consumption, license entitlement, warranty, and other IT asset reporting.
* You'll ensure that all project deliverables from a configuration perspective - business to infrastructure layer - are managed; safeguarding operational service delivery (incident, problem, change process interfaces) in support of service level agreements.
* Ensure that the Coventry University group is fully compliant and auditable in relation to hardware and software assets.
* Lead and develop Team Leaders and the Service Desk and Client Support team, whilst providing coaching and training for all CMDB stakeholders.
* Involvement in creating and managing a Configuration Management System.
* ITIL v3 and ServiceNow.
* Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to quickly resolve complex problems in the provision of IT services.
* Practical knowledge of delivery in a complex multi-vendor supply chain with a mix of internally and externally sourced service provision.
* Proven know how in service management with substantial time spent as process owner.
The University offers a wide range of benefits in addition to a competitive salary.
The pension scheme is excellent and the holiday allowances are generous.
Recognising the importance of well-being, we offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.
As an educational establishment we encourage and support continued learning and provide access to resources that set Coventry University apart from most employers.
In addition Coventry University Staff have access to a wide range of discounted products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions.
Should you require further details on the role or any support with your application please contact Laura at