My client is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their expanding IT function. Ideally from a background within an insurance company, bank or financial services sector, you will have had experience of working on multiple projects at a time.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, you will predominantly work on IT software solutions which are written entirely in-house by a team of developers using various programming standards such as Microsoft C#.net through to lesser known off the shelf programming languages such as Windev or Webdev.
The ability to understand technical information from within the IT team and relay this to the business stakeholders/users in order that they understand it is essential - acting as point of contact between business and IT. You will use appropriate methods and tools to meet with stakeholders, investigate, analyse and document business/system requirements in order to achieve the requirements and contribute to the delivery of system software solution(s), along with producing and executing test scripts/plans.
Ownership of the projects ensuring project timescales are achieved and the solutions are to a high standard.
Strong communication skills are vital in this role as are being able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced company which works hard as a collective to achieve its goals.
Problem solving skills are also essential, as is the ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Analysis, interpretation of and documentation of business/system requirements (IT solutions and reporting requirements)
- Business and system process mapping (e.g. swim lane diagrams, traditional business/system process flows, modelling diagrams)
- Documenting Test Scripts/Plans to ensure technical deliverables meet the business objectives
- Managing, writing and executing System, User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Project Release management
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with limited requirements at project initiation and transform these into software solution requirements that will achieve the business objectives.