A fantastic opportunity for a CIMA/ACCA qualified Management Accountant to work with a market leading organisation in a business partnering role within their South Manchester Engineering/Maintenance operation.
We are seeking individuals that possess skills and experience as follows -
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Professional qualification; CIMA/ ACCA / ACA Qualified.
- Previous engineering & maintenance cost accounting experience.
- Ability to work to and meet multiple deadlines.
- Planning, analytical and organisational skills, along with high attention to detail to ensure all reporting within the role is correct.
- Able to communicate well at all levels, both within finance and operationally and ability to support and positively challenge senior business leaders.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities with high level of IT literacy, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team, whilst supporting a robust financial control framework.
- Team player - ideally some experience with managing other team members.
- SAP - preferred but not essential
The Management Accountant takes responsibility for coordinating pricing / budgets / forecasts and actual charges to our clients cost centres. You'll be the Management Accounting Lead for your entity and responsibilities of the job will include:
- Delivery of month end accounts close
- Budgets and forecasts (Turnover £41m / Costs £(43)m) ensuring timely production of financial information, with meaningful and accurate associated commentaries and analysis. Provision of commercial and business support to senior operational leaders.
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Finance Lead on business case/projects, relating to group wide services.
- Compliance with all statutory/internal control requirements, including lead contact for all matters with outsourced internal audit and external auditors.
- Management of one team member.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Complete own areas of P&L and BS responsibility such as internal and external revenue, costs, including agreement of intercompany balances and completion of balance sheets.
- Also responsible for maintenance of pricing models for all aspects of divisional services. Oversight of revenue billing process.
- Maintenance of margin and cost per event reporting.
- Working to resolve inter-company queries and disputes in relation to revenues / charges.
- Ownership of team month end P&L and reporting for entire entity.
- Analysis / review commentary to ensure trends / variances / changes are understood. Preparation of packs for senior management review of budgets.
- Ownership of team cash flow submitted weekly for entity. Input own areas, and review other teams inputs ready for weekly submission to Treasury team.
- Ownership of monthly GMO financial and FTE reporting which collates horizontal maintenance information for distribution to senior management, along with hosting monthly meeting to discuss variances.
- Preparation of all information / schedules required as part of interim reviews and statutory audit for entity to defined standards and timelines. Liaison with auditors to ensure understanding and resolve any queries arising as part of the audit process. Also completion of national statistics reporting for entity.
- Assist in preparation of engineering business cases, monitoring actual spend against approvals, updating forecasts and explaining variances as appropriate.
- Any ad hoc work of an engineering finance nature that may be required.