Part-time Accounts Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen within an award winning and global travel business for a part-time Accounts Assistant. The company have established themselves as a high-end, service-driven company, committed to meeting the needs of a diverse marketplace and are continually growing and expanding into new markets.
This role sits with the management accounts team and although it is accounts payable focused it will provide an opportunity to progress into more in depth accounting work over time.
The ideal candidate will be one with strong experience of the accounts payable process and who can come in and hit the ground running and one who is comfortable with system change. You will need to be a hands on individual who can deal with a busy working environment and assist across the accounts team when needed.
The business is continuously expanding and entering new countries (already has 9 offices) and you will need to be a motivated self-starter within this entrepreneurial organisation to make sure the finance function is always delivering value.
Pay - £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits. Salary will be pro rata dependent on hours.
Location - Central London
Working hours - 9.00am - 5.00pm (20 - 25 hours per week)
- Full management of accounts payable function
- Expense and overhead management for the company
- Reconciliation of company credit cards
- Business support - working closely with the commercial side of the business to provide finance & decision support
- Work with the management accountants and AR team and support them in their work
- Jointly work on the year end accounts and related audit preparation
- New systems testing/preparation
- Intercompany and multi-currency experience ideal
- Cover for all duties within accounts payable and provide cover for AR
- Liaise with UK & Australian finance teams generally and on intercompany working
- Financial accounting ,compliance & audit
- Clear & strong work ethic
- Enquiring mind - asks questions
- Desire to learn & grow
- Ability to understand not simply follow orders
- Ability to spot issues, investigate and resolve
- Good time management & appreciation of priorities
- Thorough but driven by challenges
- Team player
- Good communication skills
We've been candidates too so we know how frustrating it is if you don’t hear back from a job application. We’d love to respond to everyone, however given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, we simply can’t get back to every application - We know that’s not what you want to hear but we hope you’ll understand?
Short-listed candidates will obviously be contacted for this specific role and if you haven’t heard from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will keep your CV on file to contact you with regards to future roles and any other advice to help you, however if you do not wish to remain on our database, please let us know and we will obviously remove you. Alternatively, feel free to contact us for a chat.