Deputy Estates Manager
The Deputy Estates Manager is a senior role within the Interserve operational management team providing Hard Facilities Management services to Alder Hey Childrens’ Hospital, and will report directly to the Head of Estates and onward to the Account Manager. The successful candidate will be from an engineering background and will hold a formal qualification in electrical or mechanical. Due to the nature of the site you will need to pass a DBS check prior to starting the role.
- The operational delivery of Facilities Management included in the Contract in accordance with the Company policy and procedures, this including the engagement and use of all suppliers, specialists and sub contractors employed by the Company in the delivery of services.
- Preparation and implementation of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Plan (PPM) and the Reactive maintenance service as required by the Contract (to include the annual and 5 year maintenance plan).
- Monitoring and reporting on the service delivery in accordance with the Contract particulars this including temporary repairs, unavailability, ad hoc reports and for ensuring the Contract deliverables, Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators are met. The Maintenance and Operations Manager will liaise closely with the Commercial Manager regards penalties that arise and the associated cost.
- Attending meetings as required with Trust and SPV (Client) to review the service and operational delivery standards, being aware of the associated commercial impact.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that suppliers, specialists and sub contractors are engaged in accordance with Company Policy and procedures, applicable Alder Hey policies and procedures, and the current Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) and Regulations. To ensure that works are properly scoped, delivered and full completion is achieved including all relevant reporting and paperwork.
- Provide professional Technical specialist advice and knowledge to Interserve staff, senior managers, managers and those employed in delivering reactive and maintenance work, and provide estates advice to client and external agencies as required.
- Ensure HTM(s) and statutory compliance is maintained in accordance with Alder Hey requirements
- Ensure that all work streams falling under responsibility achieve or exceed the contract budgeted profit margin.
- To establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with the client and customers, all staff, external agencies, specialist suppliers and all other relevant groups/companies.
- To be responsible for the management and development of operational staff. This will include but not be limited to ensuring adequate communications and control measures are in place, and instigating disciplinary processes where required.
- To manage services to ensure that client’s needs are met in accordance with contractually agreed targets and service level agreements.
- Review and refine working practices to increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with all operational teams.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Proven Engineering background - essential
- Formal qualification in Mechanical or Electrical
- Experience of PPM's
- People management experience
- PFI/Healthcare background