Castlefield Recruitment are working with a public sector organisation based in Warrington in order to recruit a project accountant. Very interesting organisation which is publicly funded but commercial run. They have several profit-making entities and it is critical that they generate as much income as possible for the company itself and to generate further income for the sector. They have several projects running alongside each other so they need an adaptable accountant with project experience to work closely with project teams.
As a project accountant it will be your responsibility to act as the voice of finance and work closely with project managers utilising your ability to business partner and add value to the project.
Duties will include;
• Support the development of management information for a range of reports. This will include the reporting of KPI’s and metrics such as productivity and revenue recognition
• To ensure that all projects costs are managed and controlled in line with internal control policies and procedures including regular review, reporting and mitigation of key project and programme variances
• Attendance of project reviews, supporting forecasting and the consolidation to work stream level. Working closely with project management team
• Reporting key project working capital requirements focussing on WIP, Customer debt and Cash flow
• Supporting the finance team to achieve month-end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records, accruals and internal controls and close liaison with project teams and senior management
• Business partner with key stakeholders within operations and commercial as well as having a key role in the continued education of non-finance stakeholders
The successful candidate will:
• Be part qualified or fully qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
• Have experience of working on multiple projects
• Have the gravitas to work closely with senior members of staff
• Experience within a commercial organisation would be preferred