Local Authorities based in Derbyshire are currently seeking to recruit multiple Out-Reach Tutors who can work on a 1:1 basis with pupils who are educated outside of Mainstream Education.
The pupils who require tuition may be being educated outside of Mainstream for a variety of reasons. These reasons may include: Special Needs (SEN), exclusion and extremely challenging behaviour, teenage pregnancy, or LAC pupils (Looked After Children). Due to the varying circumstances these pupils will require Tutors who will ideally have had experience of working with pupils with these types needs before.
These roles can be very rewarding as you can make an impact on the education, lives and future careers of those pupils that are hardest to reach.
If you are considering applying for these roles you should have the following:
- The ability to build effective working relationships pupils, carers, parents and the local authorities
- A commitment to supporting all pupils in reaching their full potential
- Knowledge and experience of delivering Maths and English (up to GCSE level)
Qualities of this role include;
- Timetable of Monday to Friday
- Hours based from 08:30-15:30
- Access to Teaching Personnel's CPD courses
- A dedicated consultant throughout any process, including interviews, trials and daily support
- Paid through PAYE, so no costs for working with Teaching Personnel
The ideal candidate for this role would be:
- A Teacher with either QTS qualifications with experience of planning and delivering lessons
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with a variety of students who may be very disengaged from education and also very vulnerable with possible Attachment Difficulties
- Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
- Someone who can act as a positive role model to help the student re-engage with their education
- Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help the student to make academic progress
- Would need transport to travel between site around the Tamworth and Burton area
- KS4 experience ideal
- Able to inspire and engage possibly disengaged students
For additional information about this role, please contact Chloe Moffatt on as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.