Financial Control Assistant
Financial Control Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Control Assistant to join our growing team, here at OneSavings Bank.
OSB is a challenger bank who specialises in specialist lending and retail savings. We've experienced significant growth over the last few years, with our UK employee base more than trebling to what is now exceeding 600 staff.
The key purpose of the role is the role is responsible for assisting with the day to day financial accounting, the timely production of the Group's month end reporting and maintaining the Group's balance sheet within a controlled environment.
As the Financial Control Assistant, you would be…
- Assisting with the processing of month end journals, analytical ledger reviews and transactions posted by OSBI
- Ensuring all transactions are posted into the accounting systems accurately and ensuring sufficient supporting evidence is maintained
- Performing monthly reconciliations of the Group's balance sheet accounts ensuring unreconciled differences are managed to resolution
- Taking responsibility for quarterly SOX testing and reviews
- Ensuring the financial control policies and procedures are reviewed on an annual basis
- Assisting with the set up of supplier details within our supplier module of the accounting system
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 12 months
Why come to work for us?
You'd be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth, with ongoing opportunity for career progression. The role is based in Chatham, Kent which offers a corporate yet friendly working environment in a team of 9.
The added extras
- The salary associated with the role would be based on your relevant experience, with the range being between £20,500 and £22,500
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Access to discounts from Perkbox
Am I suitable for this role?
You'll be a motivated, customer focussed and conscientious individual who is able to say 'yes' to the following questions:
- Do you have experience working within a finance role previously?
- Do you have experience working the month end close process?
- Are you working towards an accounting qualification or part qualified in a relevant finance qualification?
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If so and you're interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply' button and send us your CV.