- Location: Plymouth
- Salary: £20K - £24K
- Benefits package
About the Company
Re: Cognition Health is a leading provider of clinical services specialising in cognitive impairment. We deliver expert clinical care to private patients and are one of the foremost providers of clinical trials in the world and deliver award winning medico-legal services. We value people who are dedicated, hard working and looking to contribute to the growth of the business at an exciting time.
As our Assistant Psychologist/Rater, you will work on an exciting research site investigating novel interventions for the treatment of cognitive disorders, based in Plymouth. The post holder will be responsible for administering psychometric and cognitive rating scales to subjects who have volunteered to take part in the studies.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Undertake a broad range of psychological assessments, including the use of psychometric tools, selfreport measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with study participants and their carers.
- Assist with the study setup and take responsibility maintenance of Rater equipment i.e. tablets, recording devices, psychometric kits, subject binders etc.
- Update appropriate patient databases to aid recruitment and reporting of recruitment and book screening appointments accurately using the appropriate scheduling tool
- Maintain adequate records and ensure all relevant information is accurately documented in the study participant's files.
- Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirements and systems and ensure data queries are resolved promptly
- Ensure a competent knowledge and understanding of all trials by reviewing the protocol, attending Investigator Meetings, SIVs and relevant study training meetings/conferences.
- Check patient files at the end of visits to ensure all procedures/assessments have been completed
To be considered for our Assistant Psychologist/Rater role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc In Psychology or related subject (2:1)
- Clinical/research experience in mental health.
- A Masters related Subject
- Experience of data collection for research and experience of data entry and data management. Experience in administering the following cognitive rating scales:
- Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE)
- Clinical Dementia Rating scale (CDR)
- Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS)
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory (NPI)
- Continuous professional development
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme
If you feel you are suitable for the Assistant Psychologist role, please apply now!