Electrical Design & Controls Engineer - Salary to £39k - Didcot
A keen and enthusiastic Electrical Design & Controls Engineer required by an innovative high technology company in Harwell, Oxfordshire specialising in artificial intelligent vision systems. With an unrivalled reputation for innovation and quality this is an excellent opportunity to work on a full range of factory automation processes and procedures including mechanical design, electrical control, machine vision and installation.
The role will involve electrical control and PLC development alongside the ability to utilise AutoCAD Electrical to design panels and electrical schematics for small retro-fit camera systems through to large industrial automation machinery.
- Design and specify control systems and electrical components for industrial automation systems.
- Create electrical schematics and designs within AutoCAD Electrical including layout diagrams, terminal and wiring plans to EU Standards.
- PLC and controls programming of industrial automation systems.
- Maintain, develop and support existing control systems at customer site within the UK and overseas.
- Work with the Design and Applications Engineering engineers to provide drawings, specifications and deliver projects on time.
- Help as required for the electrical fitting, wiring of panels and assembly of machine builds.
- Carry out electrical testing procedures on new machine builds.
- Supporting electrical problem-solving during manufacturing build process.
- Experience and knowledge of designing and creating electrical panel layouts within electrical CAD software.
- Sound understanding of electrical control gear, industrial automation and implementation of communication protocols (Profibus / DeviceNet / TCP/IP / serial / OPC etc.)
- Experience of PLC programming, developing control systems and PLC automation software on projects from start to finish.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Well organised, ability to work to deadlines and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Clean and full UK driving licence.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience using Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs and control gear
- Experience of robotics
- Educated to degree level preferably in Electrical Engineering or related fields (2.1 or above)
- Experience of machine vision and vision system technology integration