Deliver software development projects using .net framework 4.0, SQL Server Programming, LINQ, Entity Framework .Support existing applications written on the Microsoft technology stack.
- Evaluate, make decisions and recommendations around the use of new or existing software products and tools. Proactively seeks to understand the issues facing the customer through a wide range of means including operational MI, customer and employee feedback.
- Analyse the business, make recommendations, improvements, manage and translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Collaborate with team members and business representatives in determining requirements and design. Working with departmental Team Leaders and Managers to fully understand and assess their needs, and look to provide suggestions that will benefit the business.
- Lead and manage projects as requested, prioritise jobs and tasks within the development team and ensure SLA’s are met and jobs are completed.
- Continue to build, manage relationships and liaise with IT suppliers to ensure continued service and resources including using an efficient and effective document control process for purchase orders, invoice management. Identify new and enhance system opportunities to support business growth.
- Provide high level 2nd Line technical support to the team and also escalation process/support. Train End users where appropriate.
- Deliver comprehensive, usable software documentation.
Skills and experience
- Relevant experience of managing technology projects
- Able to maintain and manage and multiple concurrent streams of work, managing all within time and resource constraints
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with bespoke systems used
- Experience of dealing with IT professionals
- Source code management - Microsoft TFS