REED Accountancy Lancaster are working exclusively with a fun, interesting and developing organisation based on the outskirts of Lancaster to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant with Payroll experience.
Fast Paced and Very Vibrant Organisation of Work, with Extremely Low Turnover
Some examples of the day to day duties are:
- Manage the monthly wages process and payments for the Group, for both salaried and hourly paid employees (approx. 250 employees).
- Ensure payslips, pension auto-enrolment letters, P45’s etc are sent out as generated.
- Process any attachment of earnings requests.
- Send out weekly wages spreadsheets for completion by all departments, compiling these on return.
- Liaise with HR for any starters, leavers or amendments to salaries.
- Be the first point of contact for any Payroll queries, resolving such in a timely manner or escalating to the Financial Controller.
- Provide advice and guidance on any Payroll matters to other members of staff and Line Managers.
- Liaise with external Government bodies on any Salary/Pension/Tax matters.
- Reconcile wage control account on Sage.
- Monitor apprenticeship levy account, ensuring that payments are made accurately and in a timely manner.
You will needto have previous experience in an accounts and payroll role, and a good working knowledge of sage or similar accounting packages and Microsoft Excel. Working within a small team, you must be adaptable, flexible and be a team player.
The company offers a great array of benefits as well as a stunning office environment, so this really is an opportunity not to be missed. Benefits include; very interesting company discounts, free parking and various charity events!
If you would like to apply please apply below or call Matthew Heath at REED Accountancy Lancaster for more information.
If this role isn’t for you but you are looking to seek a new opportunity, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.