Partnership Development Manager
Partnership Development Manager
Salary: £40,000.00 - £45,000.00 depending on experience
Permanent Position- 35 hours per week
Location - Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP279LE but with regular national travel
The award-winning Association for Project Management (APM) is the Chartered body for the project profession. APM is a registered educational charity with over 27,000 individual and 525 corporate partners making it the largest professional body of its kind in Europe. APM is committed to developing and promoting a professional approach to project management through our broad offering of professional membership, qualifications, publications, resources, research and events. We will in the next few months be admitting the first cadre of Chartered Project Professionals to our register. Our vision for the profession is ambitious, challenging and radical. Above all, it reflects what society expects: a world in which all projects succeed.
As a Partnership Development Manager, you will develop a positive long-term relationship with a defined set of Corporate Partners engaged with APM in taking forward the Project Profession. You will also further develop the external perception of APM as an influential and agenda-setting professional body through proactively developing new business and growing existing business based on the APM core activities including the take up of individual membership and the adoption of APM qualifications.
You will be strengthening APM’s membership base, encouraging longevity of membership and reducing membership attrition. You will plan and manage your own account and relationship building activities towards achieving agreed business objectives and revenues .You will manage APM’s relationship with an agreed number of existing and new accounts, which will include corporate partners across various industry sectors, to maximise membership retention and customer satisfaction, ensuring that customers are aware of and using the full range of APM products and services.
As part of your duties, you will attend and present at external customer meetings, exhibitions and other events to support business development, which may include collaborative activities with APM Strategic and Alliance partners.
*This role will require considerable UK travel.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Sales and key account management experience
- New business development experience
- Experience of membership and / or professional organisations
- Experience of the training, educational or academic sector
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tools
The Association for Project Management (APM) is a membership association, professional body and charity. It was first incorporated in 1972 and obtained its Royal Charter on 1 April 2017. The object of APM is 'to advance the science, theory and practice of project and programme management for the public benefit’. Detail on APM and its Charter can be found on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary skills and expertise for the role please send your CV by closing date 10th May 2019.
Main benefits at APM:
- 25 days holiday (excluding all public holidays). This increases with length of service - by one day after four years’ service, then another day every other year, to a max of 30 days per year).
- Private healthcare and dental cover is available after completion of six-month probationary period. APM pays the premium for the employee. This becomes a 'benefit in kind’.
- Pension scheme offered in line with auto enrolment. APM can contribute up to 8% of your salary depending on your own contribution. APM will contribute a minimum 4% of your salary. The pension scheme is available as a salary sacrifice.
- There is a sick pay scheme which pays up to 30 days (pro-rated for part time employees) full pay for sickness absence in a rolling 12 months period, payable after probationary period.
- Life assurance at four times the salary.
- Salary sacrifice schemes - cycle to work scheme, additional annual leave (up to 10 days), and pension scheme.
- Free parking - this is not guaranteed.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme. The discretionary bonus will take account of individual performance as well as APM’s overall financial performance