Buyer - Packaging
Buyer - Packaging
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 plus benefits & flexitime
Do you have a background within Purchasing and are now looking for that step in your career? Are you looking for a challenging and dynamic role in a growing business?
Our client is a leading and innovative manufacturer who has enjoyed consistent and organic growth in a growing market sector.
They are now seeking a talented commercially minded individual to join their Purchasing team. This is a highly valued role within a rapidly expanding business.
- Take ownership of an assigned supplier base
- Manage existing suppliers and source new suppliers of materials, including commercial negotiations and service level agreements
- Deliver category sales and profit growth against agreed targets.
- Accountable for working capital relating to categories, including inventory investment, stock on water and creditor days.
- Develop and deliver category specific business plans
- Achieve/exceed target procurement prices, rebates and marketing support whilst constantly dealing with suppliers in an upfront, honest and mutually beneficial manner.
- Oversee the negotiation of local terms for nominated suppliers.
- Ensure continuity of product supply at an acceptable quality level. Working with suppliers and supply chain colleagues to rectify any subsequently identified issues.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working as a Buyer - preferably within a Packaging and Chemical Category environment. You will possess excellent negotiating skills as well as experience in procurement. Solid communication and articulation skills and attention to detail is key.
This position offers a competitive salary and outstanding package, including market leading bonus scheme, regular salary reviews, free parking, great holidays and a very friendly team environment.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR8974