Based in Marlow, Wycombe, DB Charles Recruitment have been working with a brilliant business seeking to hire a permanent Finance Manager to join the team and continue contributing to the success and growth they have experienced over the last 10 years.
The business has been established for over 10 years and in this time has seen great growth in turnover but also the size of personnel involved and they are now hoping to attract a new candidate for a Finance Manager position. The business are based within the IT sector and are Software Developers offering a wide range of services and products across numerous channels. Most recently the business have been successful in being nominated and winning awards for the work they have done and they hope working for a business with this type of reputation plus further growth to come will be an attractive proposition for future candidates.
The Finance Manager will work directly under the Managing Director and be responsible for the management of a Finance Clerk and they will be responsible for the smooth running of the Accounts function of the business and group. The role will require an excellent communicator, team player and someone highly capable and organised. The hired candidate will need to be confident in managing multiple finance functions and processes at any one time.
The role will involve a number of day to day duties including but not limited to:
- Managing of a team member
- Purchase Ledger duties including checking and coding all invoices, producing control and creditors listings, maintaining invoice filing & month / year end procedures.
- Sales Ledger duties including customer credit control, outstanding payment / debt chasing, issuing of credit notes and entering all allocating payments received.
- Production and maintenance of an invoice pipeline
- Reconciling month end figures
- Weekly, monthly & yearly reports
- VAT returns
- Month end procedures
- Analysing, creating new procedures and functions where necessary
- Monthly balance sheet, profit and loss.
With the diversity and importance of this position the business is seeking candidates with the following demonstrable experience:
- A previous background working as a Finance Manager / Accounts Assistant or within a similar capacity
- Preferably AAT qualified studying towards further qualification however this is not essential
- A strong career background focussed towards Finance Management and handling multiple aspects of a finance function
- Highly numerate and organised
- Highly efficient and organised in sticking to and creating new processes and procedures
- Comfortable dealing with clients in chasing outstanding payments and debt
- Highly literate and experienced with standard MS Office applications including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experienced working with Xero Accounting or similar systems such as Sage.
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to manage others and delegate tasks
- Happy to commit to a permanent role based in Marlow
This is an exciting opportunity with a great business that have been able to demonstrate success over a long business history and they are now seeking someone to join the ranks and keep contributing to what is already a thriving team & business.
The role is a Monday to Friday position with hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm and the business are ideally seeking to pay a salary per annum dependent on experience between £28,000K to £30,000K with additional benefits on offer, such as:
- x21 days holiday + bank holidays
- After each year of service, gaining x1 more days holiday up to a maximum of x25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Many others
If this role sounds a great fit for you, please apply and we look forward to speaking with you soon.