Deputy Nursery Manager
Deputy Nursery Manager
Our client based in the High Wycombe area is looking for an Assistant/Deputy Nursery Manager is to support the Nursery Manager in providing professional leadership and management of the nursery and its staff and to support the Nursery Manager in the successful management of the day to day running of the nursery and deliver high quality standards of care and education for all children.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements
- Provide high standards of care and education
- Support all nursery staff in their roles
- Acquire and maintain positive working partnerships with staff, parents and carers
- Sustain targets for revenue and costs.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all company policy and procedures are adhered to by all staff
- Promote a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is in place and is accurately maintained by all staff
- Support the development of good practice in relation to special educational needs and inclusion
- Provide leadership and support to all staff to enable them to establish and maintain professional positive working relationships with both colleagues, parents and carers
- Deploy staff effectively to ensure the required standards are maintained
- Ensure the effective implementation of the company’s key person system throughout the nursery
- Ensure that all children are kept safe and that staff are confident to follow safeguarding procedures
- Implement and support others in delivering the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with relevant outside agencies
- Support the Nursery Manager in creating and maintaining a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practice throughout the nursery
- Proactively promote and represent the nursery to current and potential parents/customers including in the wider community
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and support the Nursery Manager in ensuring all staff receive health and safety training
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures
- Support the Nursery Manager in ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained and vetted staff with relevant qualifications
- Support the Nursery Manager with recruiting, inducting, supporting, training and appraising all staff to deliver high quality childcare practice
- Support the Nursery Manager to identify, address and support individual training needs and self-development such as supervisions and appraisals
- Support the Nursery Manager in working in conjunction with the franchisee and Head Office in disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings
- Support the Nursery Manager in making sure all complaints/concerns are actively resolved in a timely manner
- Support the Nursery Manager to facilitate inspections by regulatory bodies and implement any recommendation and Support the Nursery Manager with all administrative duties associated with the nursery, including maintaining children’s records, ordering equipment and keeping personnel files
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
- Assume additional management responsibilities as and when required.
Tigerlily Childcare are here to help you to make the right choice in your next career move - if you meet the criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advice please apply. We recruit for Unqualified Nursery Assistants, Nursery Nurses, Nursery Managers and Early Years Teachers plus many other roles specific to Early Years Childcare.