Senior Sales Advisor – Woking
Senior Sales Advisor – Woking
Full Time - 40 hours per week over 5 days
Monday – Saturday
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, friendly and experienced Senior Sales Advisor who is passionate about providing the best customer service to join and lead the team at our Woking branch.
Conveniently located on Monument Way East, our Woking store which first opened its doors 27 years ago has been successfully serving the local community ever since. In the store we stock an extensive range of trade and designer paints as well as wallcoverings and decorating sundries – everything our customers need to get the job done. Brewers are renowned through the country for providing friendly and knowledgeable customer service - it's why we welcome so many repeat customers back into our business.
As part of a team of 4, you will be responsible for deputising for the Branch Manager in their absence and play a vital part in ensuring our customer experience meets our usual high standard by being the first point of contact for our customers. Experience with our products isn't necessary, if you have experience in retail, bring high levels of motivation, the drive to do a great job and exceptional customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything else you need to succeed.
Brewers is a family run business, with over 110 years’ history in our industry. We are the first choice for the professional Decorator, with over 170 branches nationwide. We enjoy a growing base of retail and trade customers who value our quality products, advice and excellent service.
As a Senior Sales Advisor, you will:
- Assist the Branch Manager with developing the branch and the team including standing in for him in his absence
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch, to deliver upon our reputation for quality Brewers service
- Have keyholder responsibilities, cashing up and associated supervisory tasks
- Allocate work to the team, keeping them motivated and driven
- Use product knowledge to provide recommendations and help customers find the best product for their needs
- Planning and agreeing sales forecasts with the Branch Manager in line with Company targets
- Ensuring orders and enquiries are dealt with and followed up on promptly
- Mix paint for Customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Build relationships with customers to fully identify their needs and allow us to provide a comprehensive service
- Promote seasonal and special items, including merchandising goods in-store to increase visibility and sales
Who we're looking for:
- Someone who has experience in a retail environment, ideally in a team leader or supervisory role
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, to understand and translate customer requirements into product recommendations
- Highly motivated with the drive to succeed and do a great job
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality - happy to help both customers and colleagues
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire staff to achieve the highest level of customer service
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Product knowledge, previous experience in a decorator’s merchant would be advantageous but not essential, as appropriate product training will be given to the right candidate
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Please ensure you fully complete the application process if you wish to be considered for this position. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any applicants that do not complete the process.