Social Media Manager Interim
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Welcome to TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
TJX Europe has experienced a period of significant growth and continues to expand. This is reflected in the expansion of the Social Media team as the business looks to increase market share through our off-price omnichannel strategy, laying the foundation for the next step of our ecommerce roll out and a focus on testing and innovation to deliver continuous growth.
The Social Media Manager is a vital role within the European Consumer Communications team responsible for maximising engagement and reach across our rapidly growing European social channels, ultimately contributing to the Brand & Marketing goals of building brand love and driving footfall & sales.
The Social Media Manager role has a primary focus around delivering relevant social content within an ‘always-on’ framework, close monitoring of conversations within social communities, as well as support for the total social ecosystem including Customer Service queries and Talent Acquisition content. As well as supporting the Manager of Social, the Social Media Manager will work collaboratively with the internal studio and our social strategy agency, as well as the media team.
This role plays a central position within the European head office, to be the social expert for all markets, driving knowledge and training in order to achieve social excellence and optimised social content.Key Responsibilities
- Support the Manager of Social in successfully implementing and growing usage of social listening and community management tools
- Support the Manager of Social as a key point of liaison with the pan European social technology partners
- Support the Manager of Social as a day-to-day point of contact for customer service team and reputation team information sharing and escalation
- Support the Manager of Social and Manager of Paid Social with the paid media agency partner to build and deploy paid social campaign plans across all markets and across all platforms
- Partner with the Manager of Social and agency partner in developing new channel strategies and support on any new social media channel launches and channel setup
- Support Manager of Social with social data, trend and insight reports that help to inform briefs, foster innovation and identify new opportunities to grow our brands, plus creative reviews with our internal studio
- Contribute to the development of best practice community management guidelines and the delivery of strategies and tools to support community management in non-English speaking markets
- Maintain European Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter communities within defined strategy and guidelines ensuring that our channels are up to date, fresh and engaging
- Identify real-time conversation drivers and reactive social opportunities for TK Maxx and HomeSense brands to engage both inside and outside of our owned communities
- Take ownership of multi-market content calendars for social media channels and paid media support and work closely with the all markets, internal studio and eCommerce team to coordinate social content calendar alignment, monitoring quality of all social content
- Take the lead on identifying content trends as part of the editorial team and work closely with Creative Team to advise on best practice social content by social platform, ensuring that all content deployed is of consistent high quality and adheres to our brand and social content guidelines
- Partner with Studio in order to recommend process for Social Media content production as new content workstreams evolve, with roles and responsibilities between hub and markets, plus between internal studio and Ogilvy
- Manage day to day relationship with our Creative Team (internal studio) to ensure that they have excellent briefs that challenge their thinking, timings are adhered to and budgets optimised, through to reviewing results to drive ongoing learnings for future campaigns
- Reporting to Manager of Social Media, be responsible for driving greater alignment between MS, OPR and internal studio across strategy, creative ideas and innovation opportunities
- Support the Manager of Social media and Head of Creative in developing
the content strategy across all social platforms, with a test and learn approach to drive continued learnings, plus develop and maintain TJX social playbooks for both internal studio and external agencies
- Lead on social inspiration and trends sessions for both The Creative Team and markets, to grow their expertise
- Oversee content used for Talent Acquisition within their social channels, to ensure that they use existing materials where relevant plus that it remains on brand
- Experience in a fast-paced in-house or agency communications role
- Extensive community management experience ideally working on pan-European/global brands
- Experienced in delivering integrated social brand campaigns
- Social media expert, with experience of managing multi-market communities
- A passion for social media innovation
- A keen interest in fashion, homewares and lifestyle trends
- Creative flair and a strong sense of what makes newsworthy and engaging content
- Excellent agency management skills, working collaboratively to optimise creative output
- Comfortable with interpreting data and developing reports
- Strong organisational skills, great initiative and results focus
- A confident networker and diplomatic communicator with an ability to build relationships across geographies and functions
- An appetite to flourish in an informal, fast-paced and able to adapt quickly to change
- Resilient and flexible
- An optimistic outlook and bags of enthusiasm
- Proficiency in one or more European languages beneficial
What's In It For You?