Computer Science teacher
Teaching Personnel are working in collaboration with an over-subscribed North Manchester secondary school to appoint an experienced Computer Science teacher from September 2019 for an open gap within the department.
Due to a resignation within the Computer Science faculty, this mixed comprehensive secondary school is seeking to appoint a dynamic Computer Science teacher to join their welcoming faculty on a full-time basis.
- Full-time Computer Science teacher required from September 2019.
- Opportunity to secure a permanent contract with the school following an initial temporary period of one term.
- Opportunity to work within an Ofsted graded 'Good' secondary school in a great location.
- Pay in line with MPS/UPS £23,720 - £39,406.
As the cornerstone of the community, this mixed comprehensive secondary school has seen an upward trend towards the number of pupils on roll consistently increasing. Having been graded 'Good' consistently by Ofsted, the school have set a precedent of exceptional student centred teaching and learning, with emphasis on ensuring all pupils achieve to their full potential.
"Teachers have a good understanding of their pupils' learning needs and how best to secure and accelerate their progress and strengthen their aspirations. Effective communication between the leadership team, middle leaders and other staff is ensuring that no stone goes unturned in the pursuit of further improvement."
The responsibilities for the incoming Computer Science teacher will include, but may not be limited to;
- Plan, prepare and deliver outstanding Computer Science lessons to pupils across Key Stages 3-4. Experience delivering Computer Science lessons at GCSE is highly desired, as it is a key aspect of this post.
- Evaluate all class work against criteria and take appropriate action to ensure the progression of each individual pupil.
- Demonstrate differentiated learning styles due to the varied abilities of learning across the school board.
- Display positive behaviour management skills in accordance to school behaviour policies.
The school can easily be accessed via the M60 and the surrounding areas; Oldham, Rochdale and central Manchester. There are also numerous public transport links within close proximity to the school for those who do not drive.
The school wish to conduct interviews as soon as possible therefore if you wish to be considered please send an up to date CV via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.