To ensure that Interserve remain compliant with all aspects of their contract and service delivery, in particular but not limited to: statutory obligations for the maintenance of properties, assets and systems. The successful candidate will have a formal Engineering qualification Mechanical or Electrical. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance is up to date and ensure we are meeting KPI'S on the HLR Contract. Due to the nature of the client the successful candidate will need to pass a DBS check. This is a mobile role and you will be travelling to 7 schools within the area.
- Policy development for compliance and determining the best way of implementing and maintaining the policy.
- Providing the necessary management tools to ensure compliance by the operational responsible persons.
- Produce monthly reports for the business and evolve these reports as required.
- Monitor trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Produce ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Planning for and attendance at governance meetings.
- Development of an audit plan, implementing the plan, undertaking audits and ensuring others required to audit are suitably trained.
- Analysis of audit information, managing and driving any identified actions to completion communicating progress to the client and Interserve team.
- Undertake investigations where there has been a failure of process or an event leading to a non-compliance and issue a report.
- Ownership of the contract risk register, design and development, updating and liaison with the business where necessary.
- Liaison with Operational Engineering Teams to ensure all assets that have a statutory element are maintained and inspected as necessary.
- Liaison with Strategic Engineering Management function to advise on good practice.
- Liaison with supply chain to ascertain robustness of their compliance processes.
- Remain up to date with relevant legislation.
- Support and develop employee awareness of compliance.
- To undertake any task that is reasonably expected or asked of them by their line manager.
- Role holder will give a positive and professional impression to the business.
- Role holder will be confident, professional and competent in their manner.
- The individual must be able to work as part of a team.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge, skills and experience of statutory and regulatory compliance including associated engineering systems.
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Ability to recognise opportunities for improvement and assist in the development of proposals for implementation.
- Ability to successfully adapt and change to demands of the client / business.
- Ability to understand and apply commercial and financial principles.
- NEBOSH Certificate.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Excellent effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manipulate and interpret data to enhance business performance.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good time management and ability to work to deadlines.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Internal Auditor recognised Qualification would be useful but not essential (PAS99/ISO9001).
- Experience of working at a senior level within a driven multi-disciplinary team.
- Has an Engineering background.
- Good report writing skills; concise, accurate and informative.
- Clean Driving Licence.