£39,000 - £41,000 plus Exceptional Company Benefits
We are recruiting a Design Engineer for our most prestigious client. The primary responsibility is to create or assist in creating, product designs that fulfil the companies requirements and those of the customer/client.
As part of the Product Development team, using an operating procedure/framework founded on stage and gate principles, perform one or more of the following duties as assigned by the Innovation & Technology Director, Head of Development Services, or the Project Team Leader, to support the Team’s goals.
Lead, participate in, or support, the following product development activities -
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages of major new products or product improvements/ enhancements
- Risk Assessment exercises
- Prototyping and testing concept designs & engineering builds
- Pilot Production
- Design Reviews
- Design verification testing
- Pre-production proving trials
- A degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering) or a related technical discipline for example Materials Technology
- Ideally you will have 5 years’ experience working in a product development design role preferably within a manufacturing environment, but this is not essential
- Proven experience of using AutoCad
- Fully conversant using Project Planning software e.g. Microsoft Project or similar
- Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept and usability testing
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact us for a confidential discussion.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Rischer and Butler is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please note that due to the high level of applications we are only able to contact you if short listed for this vacancy. If you have not been contacted within 3 days then your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our website to view all current opportunities. If you would like to receive notifications of all new vacancies, you can go either go to our Facebook page and simply click on the "Like" button, or alternatively you can follow us on Twitter @RischerButler