Interim Management Accountant
Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a prestigious private equity backed York business who have enjoyed a very successful period of expansion. They are looking to identify a high calibre Management Accountant to join their Finance Team on a 6 month basis with the potential for extension or to be made permanent.
The Management Accountant position is a key role within the Finance Team, with responsibilities for; preparation of accounts, liaison with senior management throughout the business and working closely with Senior Management to drive improvement in the Finance Team.
Duties will include;
- The preparation of monthly management accounts including the creation and posting of journals
- Creation, maintenance and posting of accruals, prepayments
- Reconciling inter-company transactions
- Payroll analysis, creation and posting of journals
- Maintaining existing balance sheet reconciliations to cover fixed assets, current assets and current liabilities with back up documentation for review
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, raising depreciation journals and posting
- Producing monthly Profit & Loss variance analysis to forecast for line manager review
- Monthly VAT validation, quarterly returns and reconciliations
- UK National Statistics forms (monthly, quarterly and annually)
The successful Management Accountant candidate will be:
- This position will suit a Part-Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Forward thinking with an analytical approach with strong system skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and partner with senior management and non-finance staff
To apply for the Management Accountant position please use the link provided, visit the Castlefield website, or contact Josh Watson via LinkedIn.