Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Dinnington, Sheffield
Hours: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Supply Chain
Established in 2008, Green Origins is a leading European importer, wholesaler and brand owner of organic superfoods. In addition to selling bulk superfoods and offering a private label service, we also sell under our own brands: Green Origins, Rainforest Foods and Piura.
We have been awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise twice as well as over 10 Great Taste Awards. We are also certified to multiple quality and social standards including Soil Association organic, Fairtrade, Sedex, Vegan Society, BRC, Sedex and are signatories to the United Nations global compact. As a business we donate a minimum of 10% of profits to charity. Our culture is professional and friendly with a strong focus on continuous improvement, innovation and excellence.
The Supply Chain Manager role is to support the Head of Supply Chain with planning, implementation and monitoring of the overall supply chain strategy and in order to maximize savings, efficiency and productivity.
- Manage effectively all suppliers as well as supplier focused agreements and supporting documents. Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers. Monitor supplier performance and case manage the performance related issues. Report key risks and opportunities.
- Oversee and manage day to day purchasing and logistics activities (import & export - overseas only) to ensure that raw materials, components, services and other items are delivered on time and in full. Set priorities and ensure that established targets are being met.
- Work closely with the Planning Manager to understand the demand and stock requirements for the business. Provide Planning Manager with the relevant supply updates. Effectively interpret and manage the changes in demand, translating this into relevant actions for the business.
- Contribute to making purchasing & logistics an effective service provider to other departments. Collaborate with key stakeholders (Bulk Sales, Retail Sales, Operations and Technical) to understand their needs and expectations are being met.
- Monitor supply chain KPIs, complete root cause analysis in case if KPI's are not being met. Support with establishment of corrective actions and preventative measures. Report KPI data to relevant stakeholders.
- Suggest solutions for improvements (SPC - systems, processes, controls) and support with the implementation of those.
- Provide good quality control of processes and procedures, ensuring that all information is up to date and trained out to procurement staff.
- Coach, develop, provide advice and guidance to the members of procurement team. Manage performance and conduct appraisals.
- Support Supply Chain Coordinator with day to day activities during busy times.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise activities, and multi-task.
- Able to take complete ownership of tasks/projects and see these through to their completion.
- Critical thinker with a systematic approach to work, who can act decisively and solve problems.
- Resilient and able to think correctly under pressure and work to fixed deadlines.
- Team player that can build positive cross relationships, lead and motivate the team.
- Sense of ownership and pride in own performance understanding its impact on company’s success.
- High standard of written and verbal communication.
- Strong customer service and delivery focus.
- Experience working with SAP would be an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly Outlook and Excel.