Software Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with world class talent to manage delivery of internet traffic and web content for Derivco Games. You will be responsible for a playing a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features for Games which improve game loading times.
We are looking for someone with experience in DNS, TCP/IP, Web sites and optimizing them to work faster. You will be responsible for managing overall strategy and technical implementation on solutions to make the delivery of web site content faster. If you have a background in high performance IT infrastructure, CDN’s and content delivery over the internet, keep reading!
- Lead overall Games Distribution Strategy for better penetration into new and existing markets in order to outperform competitor reach.
- Technically programme manage multiple projects to improve and enhance games.
- Responsible for commercial CDN (Content Delivery Networks) usage.
- Lead 'do it yourself’ CDN projects through the use of 3rd party providers.
- Vet all potential 3rd party providers and oversee the management of these providers and projects.
- Track, evaluate and report on usage and progress of CDNs overall.
- Use technical knowledge and expertise to create and develop new initiatives around better distribution of content through features and tools, and rollout new solutions across Games.
- Research and keep up to date with relevant market trends, and educate internal/external stakeholders on these trends.
- Solid and proven experience working in Digital Content Distribution.
- Understanding of various Software Methodologies.
- Technical Programme Management skills.
- Experience in developing strategies around Digital Content Distribution.
- Must have a proven track record in terms of managing change and adapting to challenges.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships which will contribute to the success of the Distribution Strategy.
- Must be willing to travel.
What we offer:
- At Derivco we’ve created a thriving collaborative environment in which exceptional people are empowered to deliver the very best. We believe in nurturing and expanding our wealth of knowledge and experience in technology, which means we’re usually already live with technology our competitors are only reading about.
- We work hard but we have fun along the way too! In return, we reward our employees with a great range of benefits including health insurance, gym membership, free lunches daily, 25 days holiday per year, many social events and much more!