Clinical Consultant Nurse
Our client is a market leading healthcare charity that provides support to adults with complex mental health and learning disability needs nationwide. They are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Nurse practioner to join their management team supporting their facilities across the North of England.
Reporting in to the Quality Improvement Director, you will join a team of highly skilled Consultant Nurses who work across different regions within the UK. The facilities include specialist care homes residential services with and without nursing. The post holder will be required to provide professional Nursing leadership and advice to the tasks of quality improvement, patient safety and clinical governance within the region. You will use their expert knowledge to develop and sustain high quality nursing practice. Also you will be responsible for the working closely with key stakeholders at a national, regional and unit level to bring about improvements in care delivery.
Daily duties include:
- Ensuring the evidence base and standards of best practice inform the training, development, delivery and improvement of nursing
- Contributing to the on-going assessment of needs in relation to the nursing workforce within the region
- Securing and sustaining high quality, safe, person centred nursing care which delivers positive outcomes and promotes health and wellbeing.
- Ensuring nursing policies and procedures meet relevant legislative requirements, professional standards, policy guidance and workforce and regulatory requirements.
The role will require and expert nurse to demonstrate advanced clinical competence and a knowledge base beyond those associated with conventional nursing roles. It will also involve extensive travel throughout the region with regular overnight stays; as such applicants must have flexibility.
The key skill and experience required include:
- A current Nurse qualification
- Excellent leadership and stakeholder management experience at all levels
- Expert clinical practitioner in learning disability practice
- Knowledge and understanding of key national policy and professional guidance relating to the care and treatment of people with learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Educated to Masters level in clinical practice/First Degree in clinical practice plus post graduate qualification
- A valid driving license
If you are interested in the above mentioned position and meet the criteria mentioned then please forward your up to date CV to or call me on to discuss things further.