Graduate Teaching Assistant
At Teaching Personnel, we are currently recruiting for Future Teachers who are looking to gain hands on experience as a Teaching Assistant before going on to complete a primary PGCE in 2020. We have spaces for Graduate Teaching Assistants to join our Future Teachers programme starting this academic year (September 2019)!
The 'Future Teachers Programme', allow graduates the chance to work in a local primary schools for up to a full academic year to build up valuable school based experience before going on to complete Teacher Training. Over the course of the year, graduate teaching assistants will gradually take on more responsibilities at their respective school which will stand them in good stead when applying for PGCE placements.
- Full time graduate teaching assistant opportunities within our Future Teachers Programme
- Opportunities for English, Maths, Education studies, Childhood studies, Psychology graduates OR graduates with transferable skills aspiring to become a teacher in the future
- 12 month apprenticeship as a teaching assistant
- Earn £9.50-£11.50 per hour, whilst gaining vital experience
These graduate Teaching Assistant opportunities are full time and will be available at a number of primary schools across South Manchester. Working as a graduate Teaching Assistant will allow you the opportunity to undertake a variety of hands on tasks which will enable you to better understand the role of a teacher. You will also get the opportunity to enhance your curriculum knowledge from the EYFS up to KS2 and will receive a detailed insight into raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons and developing schemes of work.
Responsibilities within the graduate teaching assistant role include providing;
- One to one booster sessions/interventions where you will raise pupil attainment
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
- In-class support to enhance pupils learning experience
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area
- HLTA role where you will experience covering lessons (PPA) and classroom managementTo be considered, you will hold a degree or be working towards a degree in in a relevant field and will be looking to develop your career in education
Graduates wishing to be considered please send an updated CV via the link below or for further information on our Future Teacher's Programme please contact the Manchester South Primary Branch to discuss the opportunities further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.