Technical Service Manager
Job Title: Technical Service Manager
Location: Headington, Oxford
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Minimum of 13 weeks. Possible permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Estates and Facilities Manager, you will be Responsible for the operational management of the building and engineering services for the company and for the management of the PFI estate, including staff management.
- Responsible for the operational management of the building and engineering services for the company and for the management of the PFI estate, including staff management.
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring that engineering maintenance, including contract work, is carried out to appropriate standards and specifications.
- Provides expert specialist and professional building and engineering expertise to other estates department, directors and senior management of the organisation, including client management.
- Undertakes Authorised Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems.
- The day to day management of the estate teams and operations. Management operation and implementation of the Permit to Work system and Safe Systems at work.
- Ensuring services comply in accordance with legislative, statutory and HTM requirements.
- The management of a team who will ensure the safe operation of all plant and equipment of the hospital site.
- The cost effective delivery of a Planned Preventative Maintenance Service and reactive works.
- The management of a reactive maintenance service during normal operating hours of the hospital.
- To be on call or available for emergencies 24hrs/7days on a rota basis.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Permit to Work System.
- Ensure plant is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency.
- Encourage and implement in inter- departmental schemes and promote new processes.t
- Provide technical and professional support to all staff, colleagues, Engineering Supervisors and to Trust officers in order to develop a "team" approach.
- Authorise competent persons.
- Key point of contact with the Trust in relation to the provision of estates maintenance services.
- Deputy to Estates and Facilities Manager.
- Undertake employee Appraisals/Performance Reviews including the identification of training and development needs within specified company timeframes.
- Manage via the established service desk system that all service requests are responded to within contractual obligations.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject Management qualification (ILM, CMI, DMS, NVQ)
- Experience in building services and plant engineering
- Experience in maintenance technical issues
- Experience in water hygiene regulations
- Awareness of CDM regulations
- Proven experience of managing a maintenance team and achieving SLA’s
- Qualified to authorise the switching of LV equipment
- Qualified to authorise work on pressure systems
- Qualified to authorise work on medical gas systems
- Appreciation of RA techniques as applied to estates activity
- Car driver
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communications both written and verbal
- Numerate and computer literate
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and disciplines within the Trust
- Effective team player
- Flexibility with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Fully aware of H&S and general legislative matters