Strategic Account Manager
Role: Strategic Account Manager
Organisation: Coventry University
Closing Date: 28/04/2019
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new IT capabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
Our approach to education is leading edge, and is proven with our multitude of awards and prominent position in the league tables; where we have once again retained the title of top modern university from The Guardian in its' University Guide 2019 (for the 7th year in a row!). We are an agile and dynamic establishment, where taking risks and seizing opportunities are well rewarded.
As Strategic Account Manager you are accountable for the overall operation and strategic direction of our Digital Platform and the engagement IT Services holds with the Coventry University Group. Using your strategic and operational background you'll ensure the consistent delivery of the core organisational priorities and engage with the multiple stakeholders at that level.
* Lead a digital platform and key business areas to enable the build and contribution of a Group wide digital strategy whilst promoting digital engagement.
* Negotiate at senior level on technical and business issues influencing the development and enhancement of services, products and systems.
* Research suppliers and markets maintaining a broad comprehension of the industry.
* Develop IT and Digital enterprise-wide architecture ensuring the strategic application of change is embedded.
* Project management training/certification
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Familiarity communicating with high level stakeholders with tact and diplomacy building effective relationships.
* Confident in reviewing data and managing the implications through the department and across the group.
* Extensive IT skills with advanced level experience of using project applications.
* Skilled in technical and business product roadmaps development.
The University offers a wide range of benefits in addition to a competitive salary.
The pension scheme is excellent and the holiday allowances are generous.
Recognising the importance of well-being, we offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.
As an educational establishment we encourage and support continued learning and provide access to resources that set Coventry University apart from most employers.
In addition Coventry University Staff have access to a wide range of discounted products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions.