Financial Controller, Harrogate
My client are part of a group who turn over €7 billion annually and who employ in excess of 80,000 people across 19 countries. Operating across Yorkshire, they provide an award winning service to their customers, having achieved a 91% approval rating in satisfaction surveys, making them the highest scoring business in their sector in the North of England.
The Financial Controller will work closely with the FD and other members of the executive team in maintaining and developing controls across the business.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Understanding and consolidating the balance sheet and ensuring its integrity by gaining a good understanding of the group’s six trading entities
- Ensuring consistency of accounting treatments across the group including the accounting for revenue in relation to commercial tenders and local authority contracts
- Developing cash management and forecasting processes to provide management with an accurate and timely understanding of available funds
- Owning and managing the reporting of the financial position to the group
- Working closely with employee trustees, the actuary and the group pension scheme administrator to ensure excellent service and tight cost management for the company
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts for group companies
- Development and management of financial controls throughout the business
- Working with the commercial and operational to teams to the accounting process
- Liaising with the depot teams to control and account for claims
- Maintaining balance sheet reconciliations for key ledger accounts
This position would suit a qualified accountant who has either progressed within industry and is looking for a step up or someone who is making a first move out of practice.
Problem solving skills, a methodical approach and an eye for detail will be key as will a proactive and inquisitive nature.
The successful candidate will be able to work with and develop financial systems and be competent in using Excel and PowerPoint.