IT Support Engineer
The position of IT Support Engineer reports directly to the IT Support Manager.
Providing efficient and effective IT support within a team environment and playing an active role in ensuring the ongoing business continuity requirements are maintained.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking Staff and Clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the phone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems by diagnosing and solving hardware or software related faults, replacing parts as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting the roll out of new applications.
- Setting up new user’s accounts and profiles and dealing with password related issues.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at any given time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with Customers and other Professionals e.g. Software Developers.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
The person appointed shall have very good IT Support Experience, be able to work in a team and be able to work efficiently and effectively in a busy and stressful environment where time is of the essence. A general education to GCSE level A-C is required, including the following key skills:
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft Office 2016, MS Office 365 support
- Active Directory administration
- Software and Hardware troubleshooting and technical support
- An understanding of basic networking principles
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
A good degree of personal organisation and the ability to manage a wide range of tasks simultaneously; backed up by good organisational ability will be required. They will be expected to work well within a team environment and be a good communicator to all levels within our supplier and internal/external customer bases.
A pleasant, outgoing personality and efficient technique / manner is seen as essential. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to change efficiently is also a key requirement.