PAT Tester / Maintenance Assistant
PAT Tester / Maintenance Assistant
The Eric Wright Group is an established leader within the building industry. We offer a wide range of services from construction and civil engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering, to property development and facilities management.
Since its formation in 2002, Eric Wright Facilities Management has undergone rapid growth, with a turnover in excess of £13 million. We proudly manage an extensive portfolio of public and private sector Facilities Management solutions within the North West, covering healthcare, educational and commercial facilities, Local Improvement Finance Trust (LIFT) partners, Private Finance Initiative (PFI) partners, Local Authority and 3PD schemes.
Eric Wright Facilities Management has an extensive list of clients, all of which share our partner approach to business. Our clients benefit from a bespoke, flexible service and the commitment of a dedicated team, resulting in seamless service solutions and maximum value for money.
Position: PAT Tester (Facilities Management)
Location: North West Area. Travel will be required daily; a company vehicle will be provided.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8.45 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. however flexibility is required
Salary: £Competitive, Negotiable
Benefits: we offer a range of generous benefits including contributory pension, 26 days annual leave entitlement, on site nursery, on site gym, company doctor.
Closing date for applications: 26th April 2019
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a PAT Tester to work alongside the Mobile Site Teams (you will also provide building maintenance cover as and when required). Reporting to the Mobile Workforce Supervisor, you will be responsible for testing all portable appliances across the EWFM / Client Estates. It is essential that you maintain an excellent working relationship with the client and tenants in all buildings.
- Carrying out a PAT Testing regime across the EWFM Portfolio.
- Liaising with the Eric Wright Facilities Management (EWFM) Help Desk ensuring that all EWFM and client reporting systems are implemented.
- Act as EWFM Health and Safety representative carrying out routine health and safety checks and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Contribute as part of the client operational team to the development of the premise’s ethos and culture.
- Carrying out statutory and maintenance checks to plant and equipment.
- Check site maintenance log book and action entries as appropriate.
- Check for internal and external building fabric damage and action as appropriate.
- Ensure all public access areas including car parks are unobstructed and free from litter and major debris.
- Liaise with nominated client contact regarding outstanding maintenance issues and action as appropriate.
- Where practicable, ensure that a daily general up keep of all sites is maintained.
- Induct and supervise any external contractors or visitors attending site. To be the main point of contact on the site and to oversee any works.
You must possess previous experience in a similar role within a service environment being able to demonstrate your knowledge of FM operations. The ideal candidate will be organised, methodical and have excellent communication skills. It is essential that if you have a City & Guilds PAT testing qualification or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
You may have experience of the following: PAT Tester, Portable Appliance Tester, Appliance Tester, Electrical Tester, Electrician, Facilities Management, FM, Maintenance Assistant, Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance, Health & Safety Officer, Health & Safety Assessor, Health & Safety, Customer Service, etc.