Interim Procurement Officer
An Interim Procurement Officer is sought to join a busy government programme in a hands-on capacity. You will be supporting the Resources Manager within the Programme to ensure that all technical resources are under contract, monitoring renewal of SOWs and procurement of new contracts. The position is outside of scope for IR35, and is based in central London.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring approval process for new resources are adhered to
- Assisting Project Managers in ensuring the Statement of Work (SoWs) includes all relevant details for sign off
- Working with the commercial teams on understanding procurement requirements and how best to undertake procurement exercises
- Reconciling the Statement of Work (SOWs) with third parties
- Supporting the development of accurate and timely supplier MI
- Negotiating terms and conditions, service levels and milestone deliverables where possible to efficiently deliver requirements on time and to budget
- Monitoring SOW start and end dates and alignment with umbrella contracts
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of working on commercial contracts with providers of IT technical resources
- Central government procurement experience
- End to end procurement experience, working within EU procurement regulations
- Digital category experience - including use of CCS frameworks, specifically DOS and G-Cloud
- Commercial acumen and business focus
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
This is an urgent requirement to start ASAP.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.