Electromechanical Fitter - Salary to £29k - Didcot
A keen and enthusiastic Electromechanical Fitter is required by an innovative high technology company in Harwell, Oxfordshire specialising in artificial intelligent vision systems. With an unrivalled reputation for innovation and quality this is an excellent opportunity to work as part of the engineering team and be responsible for electrical and mechanical manufacture, fitting and assembly in accordance with engineering schematics/drawings.
The post holder would undertake the following duties:
- Wiring of control cabinet panels from detailed wiring drawings.
- Building of complete machines to drawing including mechanical build and assembly, electrical wiring, cable routing and finishing.
- Construction and assembly of parts, sub-assemblies and machines working to detailed drawings or specifications.
- Selecting and use of hand tools and equipment to manufacture parts and assemblies.
- Preparing parts and sub-assemblies for smaller systems.
- Assistance with PC build and traceability documents.
- Opportunity to develop automation, mechanical and electrical skills along with all aspects of general industrial automation and control.
The Electromechanical Fitter will also assist with integration of systems and machines onto production floors at customer sites. Therefore there is a requirement for travel both in the UK and overseas as part of the engineering team to external sites for installations on an ad-hoc basis.
- On-site electro-mechanical fitting at customers site within the UK and overseas.
- Assembly of complete systems and machines on-site including mechanical build and assembly, electrical wiring, routing and finishing.
- Help with the retro-fitting of smaller sub-assemblies onto customer machines and lines.
- Occasional site visits to carry out service, electrical/mechanical repairs and scheduled maintenance.
There is some requirement for flexible working hours and weekend work (overtime paid for weekend work) as required.
There is good opportunity to travel within the UK, USA & Europe as part of the engineering installation team. Recent work has been completed in the USA, Hungary, Puerto Rico, Spain, Macedonia and Greece.
Knowledge and skills required
- Experience in a mechanical and/or electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Good levels of experience as a skilled fitter or hands-on engineer
- Hands on knowledge of electrical wiring, mechanical building and pneumatics
- Ability to accurately read and interpret electrical drawings
- Ability to accurately read and interpret technical drawings, specifications and work instructions for both mechanical build and electrical wiring
- Ability to use manual and powered hand tools
- Ability to consistently apply safe working practice with a high regard to own and others safety and to maintain a clean work environment
- Well organised, ability to work to deadlines and a high attention to detail
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Clean and full UK driving licence
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 or BTEC level 3 plus apprenticeship in relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge of industrial automation in the context of special purpose machinery
- Experience and knowledge of design software such as Solidworks 3D or AutoCAD
- Experience in control systems, PLC or general factory automation
- Fork lift licence