SEN Teaching Assistant, York
Are you a Teaching Assistant or above looking to specialise in working within Special Education Needs?
Teaching Personnel are currently seeking to appoint, to start as soon as possible, an SEN Teaching Assistant for a provision in Acomb, York. The provision provides personalised education for children with a range of Special Needs, most of which are linked to Autism, Learning Difficulties and Physical Disabilities.
Starting off as short term cover, this is potentially an on-going long term placement. The successful candidate will offer personalised support to students on a 1:1 basis, ensuring all needs are being met, in-line with their Education Health Care Plan.
To apply for this role, you will require:
- Teaching Assistant Qualification - at least Level 2
- Previous experience of managing challenging behaviour
- A strong and creative approach to engaging students into lessons
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- A current Child Only Workforce DBS registered with the Update Service, or a DBS done through Teaching Personnel
What we offer:
- Your own dedicated Recruitment Consultant, who will seek out your ideal job role in the local area
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE CPD courses available, as well as courses such as Team Teach, Moving and Handling and Autism Awareness
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay, starting at £61.75* per day
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus with £50 for each referral
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY)
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter by clicking 'apply now', detailing your experience and why you want to be considered for this role, or for more information please call Kerry Fowler on .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.