Supply Teaching Assistant
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for Supply Teaching Assistants to cover the Derbyshire area for day to day as well as long and short term roles.
Becoming a Supply Teaching Assistant gives you the flexibility to work around your own personal schedule. You can have your diary with us specified to your preferences. Whether you are looking for specific days, day to day, long or short term roles we would love to hear from you.
Teaching Assistants provide effective support to children who would otherwise fall behind with their education. The rewards of this role are immeasurable and no price can be put on the joy this role brings. You will be based within classrooms assisting children in lessons or possibly 1:1 in designated areas supporting with reading, writing and explaining how to apply what they have learnt in lesson. Teaching Assistants assist in the completion of all tasks which are set by the Teacher and explain and support the work in a way that the child can understand. Some students may have difficulties reading or writing, sitting still for long periods of time, understanding how to complete the work set and may need social and emotional support to feel comfortable in a classroom setting.
An ideal candidate might have or previously had experience in;
- Experience working in a school or care setting
- Experience with persons of 2-19 years of age
- Valid DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for one)
- Own transport or ability to use public transport
- A passion for learning
- The ability to inspire
- A positive attitude
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviour
- Personal experience supporting persons with Special Educational Needs is invaluable
- Sports Coaching, Carer background, Social Working or Performing Arts
Qualities of this role include;
- Timetable of Monday to Friday
- Hours based from 08:30-15:30
- Access to Teaching Personnel's CPD courses
- A dedicated consultant throughout any process, including interviews, trials and daily support
- Paid through PAYE, so no costs for working with Teaching Personnel
If you are currently working with agencies or just looking for a flexible working schedule I would love to hear from you. Please contact Chloe Moffatt on or click apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.