Assistant Financial Accountant
A fantastic opportunity to join a company based in central Leatherhead who is keen to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant.
This role will be responsible for processing monthly procedures in a timely and accurate manner, including payroll and all its associated costs. VAT returns will be processed digitally on a quarterly basis for Head Office and the branches.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly payroll and pension for Head Office and Branches
- Responsible for the completion of Year End Payroll Procedures (P11Ds, P60s, etc)
- Responsible for processing VAT returns digitally for Head Office and Branches, being the superuser for VAT
- Process BIKs (Benefits-In-Kind) for Officers
- Perform all Balance Sheet reconciliations for Head Office with journal postings where necessary
- Ensure compliance with all relevant accounting policies and practices
- Ensure completion of statutory responsibilities - Tax, NI, Pension, RTI, and any other
- Ensure month end activities for Accounts Administrators are completed accurately
- Assist the Financial Controller with preparation of month and year-end for FP&A to complete
- Assist the Financial Controller with preparation of interim and year-end audits
- Other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the Financial Controller to assist in achieving Finance Department objectives
- Payroll experience, preferably Iris
- VAT experience, preferably in a more complex environment and MTD knowledge
- Experience in a busy, progressive and tightly managed medium sized business
- Extensive experience of computerised accounting systems
- Advance Microsoft Office user, in particular Excel
- Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work
- Part-qualified accountant who is studying towards one of the recognised Accountancy bodies or equivalent (CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc) or qualified by experience.
- Proven management skills needed.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Based in Leatherhead
- 35 hours a week, Monday - Friday
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free lunches provided
- Flexi-time scheme
- Free parking
- Free fully equipped gym
- Pension scheme - 7% company contributions, minimum of 4% of their annual salary
- Childcare vouchers
Optima Recruitment specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including; Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Legal.